Thursday, January 22, 2015

Stamping and Dotting Combined

Hey guys, it's the end of the week, nearing midnight on Thursday night for me on the West Coast and I am practically falling asleep but I did a challenge and gosh darn it if I'm not going to share it with you.

Today's prompt comes from Stamp One, Stamp all Ten! and is stamping combined with dots.

 photo 10149CFE-D804-4287-A7C2-70C7063C97E5_zpsm0fybwk8.jpg

The base polish is Philly Loves Lacquer Don't Cut the Line Bro and is a dusty purple holo. I'm not going to lie, application was not the easiest. The polish was a bit clumpy and thick to the point of it being a little hard to work with (I don't know if it's because I got a mini or what). But it is a unique color to my collection, which is nice.

EDIT: Esther, the mastermind behind Philly Loves Lacquer contacted me to replace my bottle. I'll post more on the polish in the future!

NEW UPDATE: It is now April 8 and I still have not received a replacement bottle. I have been in communication with the maker twice since to remind her and still have received nothing. I think with the communication and quality issues of this polish, I might be wary of purchasing from this brand in the future. Just thought I'd leave a warning out there to those considering this brand.

 photo 94F18ED2-545F-4B59-AA10-7A998531EE00_zpsndz1aomk.png

The stamp is Bundle Monster BM-607 and is a bunch of random loop-di-loops of dots. So I stamped using a dark purple Essie creme and then added dots in various spots throughout the stamped design. I was not super impressed with this whole look, looks sloppy to me. I've done much better work combining stamping and dots, but oh well.

Sorry I'm less than enthusiastic tonight, I'm half asleep writing this and have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

I'm going away for the weekend so YAY, what exciting things are you up to this weekend?!

Don't forget to check out the other ladies who take part in this prompt at the inlinkz below!


   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment