Friday, May 9, 2014

Nail stamping with a-england Sleeping Palace and Essie Chinchilly

I know it's pretty silly to say but when I first went to photograph this manicure under proper lighting, it took my breath away. It is so beautiful!

I've been meaning to pair a creme and a holo finished polish for stamping for some time, and I had a-england's Sleeping Palace on my list of polishes to finally try. Boy am I happy I did!

 photo 4F1C045C-DA6A-4E22-8DA7-F4710F26273A_zpsqwmvvfe0.jpg

The above photo was literally the first shot I took with my phone and all I could utter was wow. It was so amazing.

 photo 05FD508E-288B-4AF8-A581-1C0ED7C3581E_zpszsfzoplq.jpg

Finding a holo and a creme polish that go well together can be quite a task, I didn't know if I wanted to pull on the plum or brown undertones of Sleeping Palace. I settled on Essie's Chinchilly as a base, because of the violet undertones it has in it. The pairing was absolutely stunning!

The only criticism I have of this manicure is that I think it might be more perfect as a great fall manicure, but I rocked it hard during the spring and still received many compliments on it!

 photo AFA3E04E-6E79-4675-B98E-BC7EF8CE9985_zpsfidbkdtl.jpg

To stamp, I once again used MoYou London's Sailor 04 plate for the curvy design! I was really proud of how the stamping came out. One of my best stamping jobs to date!

 photo F0A62052-ED4E-4C5B-8831-A5D38BE8FF27_zpscctlf8zj.jpg

Application: Essie's Chinchilly was a little on the watery side, but evened out after two thin coats. a-england's Sleeping Palace is a beautiful one-coater that is perfect for stamping. If you haven't stamped with a-england polishes yet, do so right away. Their formula is amazing and totally made perfectly for stunning stamping jobs like this! I can't wait to try out Sleeping Palace by itself, it looks like such a beautiful color, even on its own.

Where to purchase: Most a-england polishes retail for about $10 and you can order them on Llarowe or Color4Nails, I have purchased them from both sites. a-england is a polish maker from the UK, so Llarowe and Color4Nails are two US retailers of their polish.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Sleeping Palace is a gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jas, I think so too! I can't wait to wear it on its own!

      Delete
  2. I love this combination! Know wonder you were in awe of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I was so happy with how well these two polishes paired!

      Delete
  3. I don't think it's too fall at all! It looks like a perfect manicure for a formal occasion any time of the year! Verrry elegant and refined :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very right! I'm such a casual person that I always have a hard time thinking of things elegant and formal occasions because I attend them so rarely!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! Thanks for participating in our link up!

    ReplyDelete