Monday, January 25, 2016

Baroness X Ex Libris Collection

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you have all had great weekends! I'm sort of fighting a cold, but that's life. I did brave Ikea yesterday and buy my second helmer, I'm so much more organized now and definitely getting blogging mojo back!!!

Untitled

Today I have a review of another new-to-me indie brand. I've been watching Nichole of Bedlam Beauty blog about Baroness X for ages now, and I recently finally hit the purchased button with this gorgeous 4-piece Ex Libris Collection.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

First up we have Molino, a beautiful red jelly polish filled with gold to green shifting unicorn pee shimmer packed full of violet multichrome flakies. This polish was a breeze to apply, but was definitely sheer. My application shows three coats and there is still visible nail line, but I just saw on the Baroness X site, that this also looks good layered over another polish like white, which would also make it pop more. Lesson learned.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up we have one of my favorites of the bunch, this is Quixotica. This is a gorgeous teal leaning green jelly polish featuring golden unicorn pee pigment, super scattered holo pieces and cooler toned multichrom flakies. This polish is a teal lover's dream, it has so much depth. Formula is good, though sheer. Three coats for this opacity.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is Alhambra. A gorgeous cobalt blue jelly with red to green unicorn pee pigment, holo shards and green irridescent flakies of various sizes. This polish is also has a lot of beautiful depth and character, another favorite of the bunch. Formula was good, sheer again, and I used three coats for this opacity.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

To round out the collection we have Dulcina, for the violet lovers in the crowd. This has same unicorn pee pigment as Alhambra, but less flakies etc., really allowing the shift to shine. In addition to the lovely shimmer, this polish has some irridescent green flakies, that seem to be a bit big and sparse for my taste. But because they are so sparse, it really allows the unicorn pee to stand out. Once again sheer, but easy to apply. Three coats for this opacity.

Layering Dulcina or Alhambra over a darker color creates a different effect and sorry I don't have an example to show you, but after viewing the Baroness X site while browsing, I wish I had played more! :) Oh well another time!

Untitled

Also included in my order was a sample of Baroness X's Matte Cuticle Balm which was so amazing. Not only did it sink into my cuticles right away, it was matte so I could instantly photograph my swatches without the usual dryness from swatching! I've already ordered this for myself to get a regular size (plus another polish, because well, I really like this brand so far!).

So that's it for today! Clearly I approve of this brand as I've already placed a follow up order! What do you guys think of Baroness X?! Have any suggestions for me for a future order?!

No comments:

Post a Comment