Thursday, December 11, 2014

Two Turtle Doves

To be honest, I wasn't too jazzed about this prompt in the 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge. The prompt was any line in the 12 Days of Christmas song – they all in include some sort of birds or dancers or just nothing that really got me excited.

But what did get me exited was Painted Polish's Between the Pines, which I got shipped rather quickly to me and as soon as I saw it I just knew I had to put it on!

 photo B606A7CF-3895-4545-8B26-2B7156E57125_zpsa5iubli8.jpg

Between the Pines is a most special holographic microglitter suspended in an evergreen jelly base. It only takes two coats to reach this beautiful opacity. For the accent finger, I decided I would use a stamp which basically covers the "Two Turtle Doves" and thus, follows the prompt, but the true star of this manicure is Between the Pines.

  photo F167F6B5-669A-4B54-A442-2CFDF6AF8069_zpstjmhdhxj.jpg

For for the accent nail I used two coats of Nicole by OPI On a Guilt Trip and stamped these two birds in a tree using ORLY Candy Cane Lane. On a Guilt Trip was bit thick but dried pretty quickly to a beautiful satin like finish. I used the Bundle Monster BM-H22 plate.

 photo 29131978-E224-4587-9C83-02B8086BD8C4_zpscuqet19m.jpg

Don't worry, this won't be the last you see of Between the Pines, I may or may not have incorporated it in my red and green mani for the next prompt!

Make sure you see the other ladies in the challenge in the inlinkz below. I'm sure they were much more creative than I was in this prompt!


   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment