Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Anti Valentine's Nails

So we have finally reached the last day in the Love is the Air Challenge Your Nail Art prompts! And today is Anti Valentine's Day nails. Well after a week full of pink and hearts and lovey-dovey nails, I consider anything that doesn't include pink, hearts etc. anti-Valentine's.


So for this look, I wanted something grey, monotone and the opposite of anything pretty and love related. So naturally I turned to Pintrest and typed in "grey nail art" and was eventually connected to this LOVELY look by Pshiiit!  
And I had Zoya Evvie, and a holographic similar to FNUG Psychedelic - ILNP Mega (L) - so I was determined to make this my Anti Valentine's Day look, which humorously enough, I'll actually be wearing on Valentine's Day (I'm typing this the night before Feb. 14). It's perfect though because I am so over pink at the moment.




I used nail vinyls to create the lines separating Evvie from Mega and then used acrylic paint to freehand the black lines. This was my first time using acrylic paint in a nail art look and I have no idea why I waited so long! Look at how opaque that black looks! So crisp!!!

Anyway, so we've reached the end of another Challenge Your Nail Art challenge! I enjoyed it! I think though, this was a bit too much Valentine's theme (though I sort of did that to myself by joining all those other prompts with V-Day looks).

Coming up, I'll think I'll still continue the 52 Week Pick N Mix challenges once a week, but I need to show you guys some swatches of some new to me brands I've been testing out!

Don't forget to check out the other Anti Valentine's Day nails below, I'm sure they were more creative than mine were! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment