Thursday, February 12, 2015

I Love the Color Teal

Today's prompt for the Challenge Your Nail Art Love is the Air challenge is I Love the Color... And if anyone knows me I really love the color teal (especially on my nails!).

 photo 1DD31AE5-58ED-43E3-A9C1-24ED66EC5202_zpsujod8rgq.jpg

So instead of just choosing one hue of teal, I chose them all! To start the mani, since I can't do without holo, I started with two coats of Painted Polish Trashed on Teal, which is a teal jelly polish packed with holo microglitter! It is really beautiful on it's own!

 photo 0EF7E592-2B9B-450A-B5D9-5ABC5EDA4BEB_zpsnqkwhpdp.jpg

Then I decided I wanted to do stripes over the Trashed on Teal, in sort of a ombre look! For the stripes I used straight nail vinyls with the polishes: Sally Hansen OMGhost, Essie Mint Candy Apple, Zoya Wednesday and OPI AmazON AmazOFF.

 photo 471CE344-E967-4C1E-AABE-7C5838E24F1C_zpspitjezc4.jpg

And since it's Valentine's week, I decided to use dots to create a heart. I started with two thin coats of Mint Candy Apple and then used a dotting tool to appy a heart using OMGhost, Wednesday and AmazON AmazOFF.

 photo A1A011B1-6942-4D39-B96F-4F932C24F6E3_zpsluvu3zxv.jpg

I really looooooved this look! One of my favorites I've done in awhile, probably because it features sparkles and my favorite color, teal!

What is your favorite color and have you ever put it together in a single look? I'd love to see it! Also, don't forget to check out the other ladies participating in this super fun challenge!

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment