Monday, June 1, 2015

Champagne and Checkers Nails

Last week was dreary and cloudy and not spring like at all in the Bay Area so I decided to wear some sparkles to bring me a little extra happy since the weather was clearly not delivering!

So I broke out my sparkles! This baby is Painted Polish Blinded By Bubbly and man it is totally blingy and amazing!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Blinded By Bubbly is your typical microglitter. Takes about 3-4 coats for to be fully opaque. For this application I did the sponge effect, where you take a make up sponge and you apply a coat of the glitter to the makeup sponge and then apply it to the nail. It ends up being a more dense glitter effect on the nail, but then the glitter is EXTRA top coat hungry.

And can I just take a minute to talk about liquid latex? I've used my bottle of Ellagee Lickity Split several times now and I think I might be doing something wrong. When I remove it, it leaves a layer of the polish (albeit very thin/small) behind. The layer isn't stuck to the skin, but it is still connected to the mani and does still require clean up (and being that this was a glitter mani, that was a lot of clean up because extra glitter is rough to remove!). Which makes me wonder why I use it in the first place?! Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to apply more liquid latex? I remove from one side of the tip of my nail to the other, should I be removing from the cuticle instead? Send me your tips, I'd love to hear them!

Untitled

And because I can't leave a mani alone for too long, I broke out my UberChic plate U-01 and stamped this checkered look using my Rica Blackout polish (the best black stamping polish in my opinion!).

Untitled

Untitled

So what do you think of this look? It's simple but sparkly and did bring me a bit of happiness. Do you have any advice for me and my liquid latex? I'm rather sad I can't get it to work very well for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment