Friday, June 12, 2015

Nautical Skittle Nails

Happy Friday everyone! Today I've got some fun summery gradient sparkle nautical skittle nails! These nails scream happy summer day!

Untitled

This look started out with wanting to pair my new Painted Polish Nautical By Nature sparkle polish with a fun look! Nautical by Nature is a gorgeous aqua glitter polish that sparkles blue and green. I used three coats for the application of this mani, but you can also sponge on the microglitter for an even more out of this world look! So gorgeous and sea-like!

Untitled

For the gradient I used Indigo Bananas Sulfur Green, Diva Plumbum and Carbon Dallas with a top coat of Spectraflair 35 Top Coat by Spectraflair4U.

Untitled

For the middle finger I used the fun anchor stencil that came with my Painted Polish order and sponged on KBShimmer Eyes White Open to create the image. It turned out super cute, but not perfect – it was my first time sponging over a nail vinyl stencil.

Untitled

For the final two nails I used KBShimmer Eyes White Open again and KBShimmer Connected Line Vinyls for the thumb, and used a dotting tool for the polka dots!

Untitled

Overall I really liked this look, but I mucked up the centering of the anchor on my other hand, so I didn't wear it for too long. Just look at the sparkle in Nautical by Nature – it's amazing out in the sun I just love it!

Hope you guys all have a great weekend, it's really starting to heat up in California, I guess summer is actually here!

No comments:

Post a Comment