Monday, March 23, 2015

ILNP Fame, Timeless Vow and Peri Me

So last week I received a super hefty order from ILNP Spring Collection, which I happened to purchase during the preorder phase. These polishes, along with a ton of other amazing polishes, will be available in early April. I just loved these looks so much that I wanted to share them now!

Untitled

I just used nail vinyls to create these looks. I used KBShimmers Chevron guides and Nail Vinyls Single Chevrons.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The first look I created I chose two polishes I got that I thought were complimentary to each other! Timeless Vow is a sage green holographic polish with bronze gold flakies scattered throughout. The holo in this is very strong in the sun, and in the shade the bronze flakies come out to play! The formula was on the thicker side, but not impossible to work with. Beware of brushstrokes, it's not as bad in that regard as other polishes, but they do still occur (see pointer finger). This application was opaque in 2 coats.

Fame is a super reflective silver flakie holo with the same bronze flakies interspersed throughout. The bronze flakies are what tie these two polishes together. This polish was super bright and holo in the sun and the in the shade it is super blingy and that is when the bronze flakies appear! This was also opaque in two coats, those flakies are really packed in there!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

For this second look, I paired ILNP Peri Me with OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? When I pulled Peri Me outside of the box, I noticed it has this amazing orange glow to is, along with some matching flakies. So that is when I went to my stash to try and pair it with a complimentary polish that would bring that special glow out.

Peri Me is very similar to Timeless Vow in application and appearance, though I didn't have the brush stroke issue. This was opaque in two coats, but I added a third for ultimate holo shine. I really liked Peri Me and I'll definitely be breaking it out again for many manicures. The perfect periwinkle polish – super holo in the sun and subtle flakies and glow in the shade.

A word of warning though, if you want to recreate this look, make sure to use Peri Me as the base polish, then layer the orange on top. I didn't do that for the pointer, middle and ring fingers and I have some nasty stains from OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? Which is a bummer, but whatever, tis the life of a frequent nail polish wearer.

So did you pick up any ILNP poishes during the presale? Which are your favorites? Looking to pick something up with they are officially released? I still have some holo flakies to share and some more holos from this giant ILNP order I had (thanks to an awesome birthday gift certificate I received), so expect to see those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment