Thursday, March 12, 2015

Smitten Polish Flights of Fancy Collection and Nail Art

Hey everyone, I'm super excited to share with you today my very first review of an entire collection! I sure hope I did it justice because these polishes are just absolutely amazing!!!

Untitled

This collection is by Smitten Polish and I am so out of control excited to be sharing this collection with you today. The name of the collection is Flights of Fancy and all the names are bird themed! Isn't that too cute?

And don't worry about having a hard time getting your hands on these beauties, they are being released as a pre-order (so no worries about crazy cart jacking or stressful shopping situations) for 24 hours starting Sunday (March 15) at 2 p.m. Central Time.

And because I just have to nail art all the things, I created a couple of creative looks for each of the swatches I'm sharing today, plus one look that pulled this gorgeous pastel creamy holo rainbow together! I wanted to keep the nail art simple, so it wouldn't scare away those who haven't tried anything too intricate, so I created all the looks using UberChic Nail Stamping Plate UC 1-01 or a simple dotting tool! I really wanted to stamp all bird related stamps to keep with the theme, but unfortunately I didn't have enough appropriate stamping plates!

Untitled

Ok now for a break down of formula for each swatch. Since they were all very similar, I thought I'd share them all together. Each swatch shown is two coats and application was very nice. The polish is on the thicker side, but no difficulties applying, just more buttery than watery. The first coat seems on the sheer side, but after a second coat the opacity is perfection. Each swatch is shown with a layer of Zoya Armor top coat.

I decided to go with three types of lighting for each swatch, so you'd get a clear idea of how the polish looks in different lighting. I'll keep the swatch photos in order (yes, this post is pretty photo heavy!) so things don't get mixed up: in direct light, in a light box, outdoors in indirect light and back to direct light with the nail art. I hope the different lighting doesn't confuse you too much, I just wanted to show you all the range of how this polish will look, since swatches in one type of lighting don't always tell the whole story. I like to think of the most accurate swatches as the ones in direct light and light box, I just wanted to show the outdoor ones for good measure!

So let's get straight to it!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

First up is A Gross of Grosbeaks, which is a lovely rose colored holographic polish. Pinks aren't always my favorite, but something just speaks to me about this one. It's soft and not in your face bright or even bubble gum girly, but more refined or sophisticated. I definitely see myself pulling this out again, especially for a rose themed mani.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next we have A Parliament of Owls. This one is hard to describe, it's a pastel orange leaning copper, but not a brassy copper. I really really liked this polish, it is so very unique, unlike anything I own or have seen, but I have a hard time categorizing it. Sometimes I think it's copper, other times gold and when next to all the other polishes in the collection – a pastel orange holo. Whatever it is, I really like it!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up is An Opera of Canaries. This polish is a super creamy yellow holo that just leans the tiniest bit green in my eyes, making it a light chartreuse in some lighting. It is so gorgeous, and definitely does not create the ever dreaded lobster hands so many of us red toned skin beauties sometimes get!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is A Shimmer of Hummingbirds and it is a lovely light green holo polish, almost like a pastel lime green. Or a kiwi green.

Untitled

 Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This lovely polish is A Bouquet of Warblers. This is just the most lovely shade of bright sky blue and reminds me so much of warm and clear spring days which I am sure are coming ahead for so many of you guys (I live in California and this is pretty much the color of the sky every day, since we are in a drought and it never rains).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And last but not least we have A Richness of Martins. Purple lovers are going to flip for this one, it is the perfect creamy lilac holo polish. I definitely can't wait to break this one out again and create a fun spring time floral manicure!

Untitled

And so you can see all of these polishes again side by side, here is my final creation, using a simple dotting tool and a black base to create a lovely pastel holo rainbow! Overall I was super impressed with this whole collection and so honored I was given the opportunity to review them! If you like pastel and holo and springtime, this collection is most definitely perfect for you!

Once again, so you don't have to go scrolling all the way back up to the top, this collection will be available for preorder at the Smitten Polish website this Sunday March 15 starting at 2 p.m. Central Time for a 24-hour time period!

Make sure you follow Smitten Polish on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest news! And if you're international, here is a link to all the international stockists!

*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review!*

P.S. What did you think of my first full collection review? Did you like all the different lighting? Did it confuse you? Did you like the art, or was it too much? I'd love any feedback you have as I want to make sure to get better and better at this for my readers!

P.S.S. Don't forget to enter my blogiversary giveaway, which includes some Smitten Polishes, it ends at midnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment