Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Nails

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Can I make a confession? I love nail art and all, but I'm getting a little tired of being expected to do holiday nails. I don't know, sometimes it's all just a little too cutesy I guess. So I hope I didn't phone this one in too much!

Untitled

One thing I definitely love is green! It's my favorite color! And so you better believe I have a ton of green polish to choose from. And hello, it's me, so it just had to be holo polishes for this look! And I decided, since I'm not totally into the holiday theme, that I'd also use this post to practice my macro shots. Now I don't have some fancy lens, I just use this app I paid a few bucks for. It's called Camera + and it's definitely not as great as those amazing shots other bloggers have, but it works for me for now.

Untitled

Ok so the stars of the show here are, from thumb to pinkie, Philly Loves Lacquer Fortunate Rainbow (from the Addicted to Holos Indie Box), Literary Lacquers Shift of Fate, Smitten Polish Girl Sprouts and Enchanted Forest and Elevation Polish Into the Darkness 2.

Untitled

I used Bundle Monster BM-H05 for the stamp and was inspired by a look I saw on CopyCat Claws about a week ago, thanks Serene! I used Essie Penny Talk to stamp with!

Ok, on to my pathetic attempt at macros!

Untitled

This is Philly Loves Lacquer Fortunate Rainbow, and it's more of a metallic light green holo with the slightest hint of blue. Opaque in 2 coats.

Untitled

This is Literary Lacquers Shift of Fate and it is the gorgeous unique bright green holo that has bright green flakies throughout. This was opaque in 2 coats, but I added a third for ultimate sparkle.

Untitled

Next up, what I consider the most gorgeous macro of the bunch photo-wise, is Smitten Polish Girl Sprouts. This is a classic bright lime green polish. Probably the absolute brightest of this bunch. Opaque in 2 coats.

Untitled

This is another Smitten Polish, Enchanted Forest. This polish had a more subtle holo than Girl Sprouts, and the formula was a tad thinner. Opaque in 3 coats.

Untitled

And finally we get to Elevation Polish Lost in Darkness 2, which I'll talk more about in my Elevation Polish post I'm planning for later in the week. This polish is a gorgeous teal leaning dark green that is opaque in one coat. But of course I added two for good measure.

What do you think? Should I keep giving the macros a shot, or do they just pale in comparison to others who have those special lenses? Which of these greens is your favorite?

And do any of you get tired doing holiday themed manis? It feels like every month brings on a new holiday, and thus a new expectation that I'm not even that into to begin with. I'm ready to say blah to it all and just do beach/ocean themed nails for eternity (they are my favorite of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment