Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

Is it dumb that I made birthday themed nails for myself? It probably is, but I'm a nail art fanatic so it seems wrong if I don't have some birthday themed nails for my birthday!

First off, I want to share a corny joke about my birthday. I was born at 11:59 p.m. My mom said that the doctor asked her which day she wanted me born on and she said, "March 4, so that she marches forth in life." Soooo ha ha ha, my birthday, March 4, is also I think the only date that is also a sentence! I know it's corny, but a silly anecdote I thought would be fun to share!



So my two favorite nail polish colors are teal and coral and my favorite finish is holo, so I knew I had to combine it all in a fun birthday themed skittle!



So for this look I pulled out two of my favorite polishes – Literary Lacquers Je Reviens and my newly acquired Elevation Polish A Yeti Hides in the Mini Apple and combined them for this look.

Untitled

The stamping images were from Bundle Monster H-20, this plate is just perfect for birthday celebrations. I love the images so much. I used french nail vinyls to do a sideways french curve in the middle nail. I've seen this look a lot in the nail world, but I hadn't tried it yet. I really like how it turned out, and hope to use it again in the future!

So yeah, it's my birthday and I'm a dork and have to proclaim it via my nails! I'm 32 today and I am headed to Southern California this weekend to celebrate with my family and childhood friends. But first I have to get through the rest of the work week! So happy hump day everyone, hope you have a good one!

And as a way to celebrate, don't forget to enter my epic Blogiversary Giveaway! Good luck to you all and I've been so in awe of the crazy amount of response I've gotten via the contest so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment