Monday, March 9, 2015

A Love Letter for ILNP Open Fields

So today, since I didn't have too long to prepare a more detailed post (because I just got back from a weekend away) I'm sharing with you one of my favorite straight flakies I've played with so far!

Untitled

I really just love the color shift of ILNP Open Fields, it's the perfect combination of gold to green to blue on the edges and is really just so spectacular as a straight flakie! I haven't tried wearing it along yet, but I think that might just make my head explode.

Untitled

Open Fields is the first ILNP flakie I broke out for a mani all on it's own, and because I holo all the things, I just had to layer it over ILNP Princeton to see what it looked like with some lovely holo behind it.

Untitled

It was gorgeous. And I know I don't have an alone shot of ILNP Princeton, but it is just this lovely creamy mint green holo. Open Fields was a lovely compliment to it.

Untitled

Then I kept seeing these gorgeous swatches of Open Fields layered over a grey. So I went to my collection and found the perfect grey pairing. The base here is Zoya Caitlin, which is almost a purple leaning grey color.

Untitled

It created the most perfect background, and someone on IG said that the base here almost looks matte and I agree. It is just a great solid creme base and it looks great behind the beauty of the shift in Open Fields.

Untitled

So what do you think? What has been your favorite flakie so far? And yeah, ILNP is having their holo flakie presale right now, so you should really check it out. I have of course ordered the holo version of this (because WOW, Cait at Polish Hound really wowed me with her swatches).

And the flakie scene is really picking up. The silver flakies with the mulitchrome flakies with the holo, the combinations are endless. I'm currently wearing a spectacular one by Different Dimension that combines a lot (if you follow me on IG, you'll see it!). The makers have really run away with this trend so far, and I'm liking a lot of it. Especially the ones that are combined with other types of things like like, holo etc.

That's all for today, but don't forget to enter my blogiversary giveaway, it ends on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment