Friday, March 20, 2015

Elevation Polish Review and Nail Art

I'm really sticking to that whole goal of trying new to me indie brands and today I bring to you the most awesome discovery of Elevation Polish.

Now I have heard about Elevation on and off for a year now, but for some reason I just didn't pay attention. Then came the end of the year, and I was browsing everyone's top polishes of the year and Elevation Polish just kept coming up.

Untitled
Boy was I silly to not pay attention, I totally understand all the hype. So let's get to the polishes and nail art I did with these wonderful polishes!

Untitled

This polish is Elevation Yeti Hides in the Mini Apple, which is a lovely bright tomatoe red holo polish with the most lovely gold flash in it. I feel a bit guilty about sharing it, because it was a limited edition and is no longer available. This one was crazy hard to get, admittedly, I had to cart jack someone in order to get it. But the creator realized its popularity and offered it's second release as a pre-order so everyone could have a chance to have it that month. That's a sign of an awesome maker in my book!

And now on to the application. On all of these polishes the application was flawless and the consistency was not too thick, not too thin but perfect. And each of these polishes was almost a one coater!!! Can you believe it!?!

Untitled

For the nail art above, the first time I wore this, I wore a matching sweater (not on purpose actually) and the shirt I wore underneath was black and white polka dot, and I just thought the combination was too great. So I immediately went home, used a nail vinyl and painted the black and then added the polka dots! It was a lovely combination if I do say so myself! ;-)

Untitled

Next up is Shilin Stone Forest, and this polish is a great example of why this brand is so well loved, just look at everything that is going on there.  This is a grey creme polish with darker grey scattered flakies, lightly scattered holo, violet flakies and a golden glow. This polish just is so lovely.

Untitled

 Untitled

So for nail art, I wanted to bring out all the uniqueness of the base, so I decided to break out some complimentary polishes to create a fun dotticure! I used Zoya Neve (dark grey creme), Zoya Neve (blurple shimmer) and Different Dimension Armstrong for the dots. I really loved this look and I totally expect to do something like this again!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Last up we have Lost in the Darkness 2, which is this amazing forest green holo with amazing almost navy blue flashes in the linear holo finish.

I think I was longing for fall when I put this on, so I decided to add a fun glitter gradient using Painted Polish #PSL (short for Pumpkin Spice Latte), but I guess the green and gold works well for St. Patrick's Day too! I just loved this look, so much sparkle and dimension! Just lovely.

So Elevation Polish is definitely a brand you should check out when you get the chance. Restocking for this brand is always scheduled on the 7th and the 22nd of every month and the website also features a fun upcoming colors page, where the maker previews some of the upcoming collection in descriptions – oh what the imagination can do when reading these! So much fun to anticipate!

So have you checked out this brand before?! What are your favorites? Which should I check out that I haven't yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment