Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Adventures in Layering Polish

Earlier this month I was looking at my collection and wanting to combine some polish magic together to create one amazing stunning look!!!

Untitled

There is nothing too complex about today's post, not nail art directions or anything. This is purely a fun trick to bring something new out of your collection just by playing. My inspiration polish for this look was Indigo Bananas Hole in the Sky, which I have swatches of here in case you forgot what it looked like.

I wanted to create the same look, glowing flakies, jelly base, super awesome shimmer and a holo finish to top it off but instead of purple I wanted a teal look!

Untitled

TA-DA!!!! I practically squeed out loud when I looked at this for the first time under my lamp. It was just gorgeous.

Untitled

Untitled

To start off the look I did two coats of Smitten Polish (now Dreamland Lacquer) Lazy River, which is a green leaning teal jelly polish with iridescent green flakies. Then I topped that with a magical shifter polish, Smitten Polish A Wedding Dress that Isn't Bright Turquoise – a sheer turquoise polish with lovely golden shifting pigment that mimics unicorn pee.

Untitled

And then to top the whole thing off I put a layer of Indigo Bananas spectraflair holo top coat 35 (for a linear holo finish).

Untitled

The results were stunning and when I took these nails out in the sun, oh man was I SOOO distracted. I could not stop staring at my nails. Just look at that golden glow and the holo finish and the glowing flakies! Too much to take in! :)

I'm sorry to say the Smittens here are no longer available, but you never know what you can find on the secondary market.

So now I ask you what are some cool layering experiments you've tried in your nail polish collection? If you haven't tried yet, I totally challenge you to do so! I think this is a super fun way to use some older polish and create your a whole new stunning look!

No comments:

Post a Comment