Friday, September 18, 2015

Glam Polish Review

Today I have a brand new-to-me indie to try and boy oh boy, why did I wait so long to try this brand out?!!? Today I am sharing with you my very first Glam Polish purchase!

Untitled

Glam Polish is an indie polish brand that is based in Australia, but has a shipping site in the United States to help feed the need for the ladies over here! Not only did I just love these polishes off the bat, um hello, their shipping ninja in the United States is craaaaazy fast. I had this in my post box right quick. And quick shipping makes a SUPER great first impression in my book.

Let's get to the swatches shall we?!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is Glam Polish Forbode and it is gorgeous red leaning wine shade holo polish with matching microglitter and a gorgeous gold shimmer in certain lighting. The formula was super easy to work with and this could have been a one coater, it is that amazingly opaque. I applied two coats for ultimate sparkle and this did dry semi-textured because of the microglitters, so top coat is definitely needed!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is Glam Polish Hostile, from the same collection as Forbode. It is a gorgeous darkened teal holo polish with matching microglitter and gorgeous wine colored shimmer (works so great with Forbode) in certain lighting. Similar formula to Forbode, this could be a one coater and dries semi textured.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And finally we have Glam Polish Road Kill from the Dexter collection. This is a gorgeous brick red with matching microglitters. It is such an appropriate color for fall, I just looooove this color and plan to do some fun nail art with it in the future for sure!

Untitled

So as soon as I got these polishes I knew I wanted to do a gradient with Forbode and Hostile, because I feel the compliment each other so much. the results were stunning! One note though, because gradients tend to use more polish than just polishing the nail, I had to double coat because the glitters were extra top coat thirsty.

Untitled

Last weekend while I was sporting these nails, I had a fun day where I was teaching some gals how to do nail stamping, so I stamped over the gradient and made some make shift hearts to complete the above look. Sorry I don't have better photos of this look, but it was when I was out of my house so I just took a cloudy outdoor shot. But I feel this really shows some of the golden and wine colored shimmer that these polishes boast in person that is harder to capture in a photo!

So my conclusion!?!?! Glam Polish rocks and I will definitely be purchasing from them again. So many holo sparkle pretties, I'm having to hold myself back from purchasing them all! Which are your favorites that I need to check out and drool over?!

No comments:

Post a Comment