Friday, February 5, 2016

Watercolor Nails and 40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Aqua or Turquoise

Hey everyone, today I'm showing you a completely new to me technique I tried out which was SUPER simple and the results were stunning. Also this had nothing to do with my 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt, I just decided to add to it for that – so more on that later.

Untitled

First up let me show you how to watercolor with sharpies and rubbing alcohol.

Untitled

What you will need to start with is a light colored base. Most bases I've seen online are white. We all know I cannot do without holo, so I chose ILNP Paper Route – a light grey almost white polish with holo shards in it!

Untitled

Once you base is dry, pick out the colored permanent markers you plan to use. Then you can take a shot glass (or as I have here, mini red cups) and color the permanent marker on the bottom. You can also use tinfoil as a base too, make a tiny little bowl for yourself. Then take a dropper and drop in three to four drops of rubbing alcohol and use a paint brush to put strokes on your nail.

Untitled

Untitled

Keep adding colors until you're happy with it!

Untitled

And when it's done you have a Monet-esque masterpiece! Now I knew my 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt was coming up, and I thought this base made a great aqua/turquoise base and my prompt for this was mermaid/scales – so I broke out some scale stamping and a mermaid decal I bought ages ago but hadn't used yet.

Untitled

Ta-da! Instant mermaid nails!

Untitled

I think the star of this whole look was the new watercolor method I learned, and it wasn't even part of my prompt! Next time I want to try a gradient look using watercolors! This was so easy and now the results are endless!

Now don't forget to visit all the other ladies sites in the inlinkz below for more great aqua/turquoise nail art ideas!


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

No comments:

Post a Comment