Monday, February 1, 2016

Glam Polish Picks and Nail Art

Hey everyone happy Monday! Let's hope this week is better than the last for sure! Today I'm sharing some fun I've had with a newer to me brand, Glam Polish, who has definitely not disappointed one bit since I've begun purchasing from them.

Untitled

Let's just say Glam Polish gets me. I guess I can say I've rejected Pantone's colors of the year, I don't even know what they are called, but they look like baby pink and blue. I feel they mock the difficultly I've been facing trying to have kids. Like a big, look see, let's just shove the baby stuff right in yo face.

The reason Glam Polish gets me is just as I am settling on the fact that I think my colors of 2016 are chartreuse and purple, here comes Glam with these amazing polishes!!!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This amazingly beautiful polish is Glam Polish Schadenfreude, from the Alphabet City collection, which is inspired by the Broadway musical Avenue Q, which I was lucky enough to see in New York City years ago!

This polish is my sunshine on gloomy days, it is bright and refreshing and amazing. It stands out without being neon, and its the perfect shade of chartreuse, not too green, not too yellow, but PERFECT! Schadenfreude is a lovely chartreuse green holographic polish filled with microglitters and holographic pigment in matching shades. The formula on this one was also perfect and applied easily with two coats.

Untitled

Untitled

Some of my favorite colors to pair with chartreuse are grey and navy, so expect to see more of that this year for sure. I've been finding a lot of happiness lately in the tiny bit of time I have to do nail art, so I threw some stamping on top of Schadenfreude using my UberChic Beauty 01-1 plate!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This stunning beauty is Glam Polish Daily Dilemma, a stunning purple holo polish with red microglitters creating a pinkish glow. This polish was practically a one-coater, which is good because I was playing with it just as my husband was ready to leave for dinner, so I did a super quick application with not problem at all!

Now when I say purple as a color of the year, I'm talking about the vibrant shades of purple. It seems to be a highly sought after color in the nail polish scene, and I've been surprised how much I've been drawn to them lately.

Untitled

Another thing I've derived a lot of joy from lately is practicing different nail art methods, and I've been having a lot of fun playing with my UberMat to make reverse stamping nail decals. I'm learning lessons every time I make a decal that is for sure.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

As you can tell here, don't mix strong pigments with white polish. It will bleed and screw up the crispness of the decal. The pink here is Smitten Polish (now Dreamland Lacquer) Date Night, a Valentine's polish from last year, which is super gorgeous and bright fun pink, but the pigment is strong.  For the stamping images here I used my MoYou London Holly 03 plate which I got from US Distributor What's Up Nails (super fast shipping, highly recommend, also where I got my clear stamper).

So I'm clearly still learning my stuff, but playing for fun is part of why I love polish. It is a true escape for me and I've liked being able to mix in the nail art again. I know everyone likes straight swatches of full collections too, but nail art is what keeps it interesting for me!

I just went and got a collection of colored Sharpies earlier today so I hope to do some watercolor work at some point as well. Was hoping to get around to that this weekend but it didn't happen.

Anyway Glam Polish has been killing it lately and if I could buy all the Glams I would! They are coming out with a new Clueless-inspired collection on Friday, and I know I want to pick up at least one of those! Any Glams you've been lusting after or playing with lately?!

No comments:

Post a Comment