Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Review

Today I am very excited to share with you a new-to-me brand Carpe Noctem Cosmetics! I have been eying this brand for some time and I recently took the plunge and boy am I glad I did!

Untitled

Today I have four polishes to share with you that I recently acquired. One is from a duo with the always great Octopus Party Nail Lacquer, and the others are from a recent Carpe Noctem collection. 

One thing I've found so far about these polishes is that they are sneaky, you'll swatch them and think one thing, then you'll wear it out in the wild and you'll discover a whole other side to the polish.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This gorgeous beauty is Fireside Songs, originally part of a duo with OPNL. Word on the street is this will be available again in the Carpe Noctem shop on Feb. 19, so keep your eyes peeled! Anyway, back to the beauty - this is a smokey plum colored polish, with hidden multichrome flakies throughout. The flakies are really sparse, so don't expect them to be the stars of this show. This polish had a great formula and was easy to apply in two thin coats.

After wearing this one for a day, I noticed some secret shifts going on.

Untitled

See what I mean here? You think you get this straightforward show of this polish, then you stare for awhile in a few different lighting and you get a whole different polish. Magic I tell you!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up we have the gorgeous anniversary polish Beyond the Clouds, this one is one of those sneaky shifters that I haven't quite captured fully yet! But I have already used this in a nail art piece, I definitely can assure you'll be seeing it again soon! Plus I want to capture some of that sneaky shift! Worn when not looking for the shift it is a grey holo polish with cooler toned multichrome flakies. More flakies in this one than Fireside Songs, and you won't hear me complaining. This one has a lovely golden and pink shift to it that you can see more so in direct light. Opaque in two coats, another great formula!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This beauty is Mon Doudou and if you love perwinkle, you neeeeeeeeed this polish. This is a lovely perwinkle holo, packed with three different types of spectraflair rainbows! And it also has multichrome flakies of the warmer variety, this polish is so unique. I have nothing like it. This was opaque in two coats and was just so bright and lovely! Will definitely be revisiting this one! Same great formula as the first two, opaque in two coats. 

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And finally we have the super sexy Because She Danced to Space Jam. On first glance this is a regular, but also beautiful, teal holo polish. It has the sparse multichrome flakies like Fireside Songs (ie don't expect them to be on every nail). But when you play with this one in different lights:

Untitled

HELLLLLLLO mama! This is one secret sexy shifter and I can't even do justice to it. Believe me when I say you need this polish, I'm not joking! It's so pretty. It has this hidden pink shimmer and a more prevalent light green shimmer. This polish has so many personalities. Same great formula, opaque in two coats.

So my first impression of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics is definitely a good one. Shipping did take awhile, but word on the street is Emily, the genius behind the brand, has finally found a good USPS post office that will help with the expediency of her shipping! So that is fantastic news. What is it with the USPS?! Charging us more all the time and giving us crappier service every month. Ugh!

I liked the brand so much I went and ordered even more from her last weekend (I may or may not have been shopping while drinking wonderful wine!). Another great thing about this brand, she has three bottle sizes to choose from and they are all an excellent deal! I especially like that option when trying out a new brand! 

So now let's dish, what have you tried out from Carpe Noctem? 

No comments:

Post a Comment