Monday, November 10, 2014

ILNP Black Orchid and Negative Space

I've been seeing negative space manis a lot this year and I thought it was high time I tried it out!

 photo 0D834D30-C921-43D2-BAA6-A3A0F81737B0_zpse3mkxrwb.jpg

When I saw ILNP Black Orchid, I just knew I had to have it. I was looking for the perfect vampy holo, and this totally fulfilled what I was looking for!

 photo 6AE32EC6-CEB2-4AB4-83F3-3981BCD1D001_zpsbkgfmyal.jpg

To create the negative space, I used nail vinyls from the variety pack I purchased. I just love nail vinyls, they are the best.

 photo E83DEFBB-F137-43C8-8BD6-4F7BF2A1270F_zpseoabwayv.jpg

To begin I started with a base coat, and then waited for that to dry. Then I placed the nail vinyls on my nails. Then I applied two quick coats of Black Orchid. You have to work fast with the nail vinyls, because they remove the best when the polish is still wet. It's not too difficult, but it is a bit of a learning curve.

 photo 19CEBB2E-68A2-40EE-AC2B-C123C237F633_zpszp81abxq.jpg

Application: Black Orchid applied perfectly in two coats. It was a little tricky doing this manicure with the nail vinyls, and really properly judging the application, but I was still impressed as I usually am with ILNP polishes.

Where to Purchase: You can purchase Black Orchid from the ILNP website. It retails for $10. ILNP just redesigned their website and got new bottles, but just because they have a new look, doesn't mean they've changed their quality. You can purchase the Nail Vinyls variety pack on their website for $36.90 and it includes chevrons, chevron minis, chevron maxis, single chevrons, straights, french tips, lightening bolts and half moons.

Looking Ahead: I've got an amazing mani that I've been dreaming about doing for awhile now on my nails as we speak and I do think, if I have the time this week, I will be editing photos so you can see it on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment