Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Color Block Nails with Literary Lacquers Mirror of Galadriel

Ready to see a polish that is totally sparkle-riffic? Today I've got Literary Lacquers Mirror of Galadriel to share with you and whoa is it super amazing!

Untitled

So like a total dumb dumb, I was so excited to add flair to this polish, I completely skipped the step of swatches of it alone. So I have it here with my color block nail art!

Untitled

I don't know about you but when I see straight silver holo polishes such as this one, the violet and the coral are the colors that jump out to me most. So I took two of my Essie polishes, Come Here and Chills and Thrills and decided to have fun with nail vinyls and do a little color blocking.

Untitled

Now I've never actually tried color blocking before, so I didn't really know what I was doing. But I guess I kind of like the effect. What I didn't like was how I couldn't capture how soft and light Chills and Thrills is with my camera. When paired with Mirror of Galadriel, it actually helps draw the violet out of the holo glow really well. I think paring it with the warmth and brightness of Come Here didn't really help.

Anyway, Mirror of Galadriel is a lovely silver linear holo polish with larger holo microglitters scattered throughout. It is very much like ORLY Mirrorball, but with even stronger bling. Kirby of The Mercurial Magpie does a good job comparing them here (She also has a good rundown of the Magic and Mysteries collection, which Literary Lacquers recently released).

I used two coats for this opacity, and for even more bling you could add a third. I think in the future I'll pair this with a stark black stamping, but there is just so much bling there it is a shame to cover it up!

Have you tried any polishes from the Literary Lacquers Magic and Mysteries collection yet? Which ones were your favorites? I still have my eye on a few for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment