Monday, April 6, 2015

Strawberry Nails with KBShimmer

Today I've got a fun strawberry look using some new KBShimmer polishes I recently purchased from their spring collection.

Untitled

First I'll give the lowdown on the application and appearance of these lovely polishes and then I'll share the specifics of the nail art!

Untitled

Untitled

First up we have Blush Money. This polish is a lovely creamy pink holo polish with golden flakies which gives it a lovely golden glow. In some swatches I've seen this polish lean peach, I think that is the golden flakies glowing through on certain skin tones. On me it was clearly a creamy pink.

This polish was on the thicker side, but not too difficult to work with or anything. Just a tad thicker than most holographic polishes. I used three coats, because after the second coat I could still see visible nail line.

Untitled

Untitled

Next we have Ins and Sprouts. This polish is quite a bit stronger in the holo department, but also has a stunning golden glow to it in the light.

This polish was definitely thinner than Blush Money, definitely a different formula. It went on very easily in two coats.

Now when I put these two polishes together, I had no idea what I wanted to create with them. When I started to add Ins and Sprouts to Blush Money, I think I was going to for the whole freehand star burst look, but then I just thought they started to look like the tops of strawberrries!

Untitled

Untitled

So I used a small nail art brush to free hand the tops, and then used a dotting tool to created the seeded look. And the funniest thing of all, I totally forgot that the creator of KBShimmer used the Pantone color of the season Strawberry Ice when creating Blush Money (I really only found out when I was getting the links put on this post). So this look is seriously perfect in more ways than one!

I'm not sure I'm totally crazy about having this on all five nails, but I definitely could see this in a fun skittle look, maybe with another glitter polish like To Peach His Own.

What do you think? Do you like my strawberry nails?! I sure did like creating them, I think they are a super fun look for the spring and strawberries are everywhere in the grocery store right now. California is a bloomin' people, despite the terrible drought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment