Saturday, March 5, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas – Pastels

Hey everyone! Happy Saturday! I'm out and about with my in-laws this weekend but I had time to write up this post ahead of time so that I could make my weekly challenge.

Untitled

The prompt for Crumpet's Nail Tarts this week was Pastels and my added twist to the challenge is needle drag. Now I've never really done this before, so I wanted a few YouTube tutorials to try and teach me how. I was successful only once (as you can see on my nails)

Untitled

See that center line there, it actually created the hearts I was going for. The other lines on all the other nails were kinda fails. But hey at least the center one looks good.

Untitled

For this look I started with one coat of Essie Go Ginza. Once that was dry and I was ready to quickly do this needle drag thing, I added a thicker second coat of Go Ginza, and alternating dots of Zoya Neely and Blue. Then while the whole look was still wet, I took a sewing needle and dragged it through the dots to try an create the hearts.

Untitled

As you can see I was only successful once.

Anyway, I do kind of like how these turned out! An interesting look and I'm sure with some practice I could get better at this technique.

As always don't forget to check out the other fabulous pastel looks from the other Nail Tarts in the inlinkz below!


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

No comments:

Post a Comment