Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Pines at Midnight Nail Art

Hey everyone, how are you all doing?! I hope you're well. My life has been super busy as of late, between work, Sharks games and volunteering at a Christmas tree lot, I've had zero time for nail art, which makes me sad. This is the perfect time of year for festive nail art, and I've zero chances to create something special.

But today I'm sharing with you a look I created earlier in the fall when I visited Lake Tahoe, quite possibly my favorite place on earth. Since pine trees are slightly seasonal, I thought I would share these now.

Untitled

I call this look The Pines at Midnight, because just look at the gorgeous sky scattered with stars.

Untitled

Anyway to get this look, I started with a base of ILNP Interstellar, which is the perfect name for this polish since it basically is the night sky! It is a multichrome that shifts from teal to indigo with scattered holo pieces, which totally look like stars to me. I think this is opaque in three easy coats.

Untitled

To create the trees and their shadows, I broke out my UberChic plate 2-02 and used Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and Essie No Place Like Chrome and a clear stamper to do layered stamping.

Untitled

I really liked this final look, really reminds me of a cold winter sky. The high here in the Bay Area is 53 degrees today, and for California that is mighty cold. So this look seems appropriate for today.

Now concerning holiday nails – what do you think I should create – once I get an evening to myself?!

No comments:

Post a Comment