Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My Newest Literary Lacquers

Hello everyone, so sorry for ignoring the blog earlier this week. I was beat after a super fun weekend with friends, so I took the day off! Today I have some lovely Literary Lacquers to share with you!

Untitled

Recently Amy of Literary Lacquers had a sale and I took full advantage and bought a few polishes – while two more snuck into my package as a surprise gift (thanks Amy!). So today I've got a round up of several Literary Lacquers.

One of the great things about this brand is you never have to battle or experience drama when trying to get your hands on these polishes, which I find so great! There is always great stock in the shop, which makes shopping so much easier. Plus these are all inspired by literature in some way or another, how cool is that?!? So let's get to it shall we.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I'll start with Gulf Coast Twilight, which is part of the Destination Duo created with Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer. This is a gorgeous dusty pink leaning soft purple holo almost matching flakies which give a sort of orange/yellow glow. I just love this one, it totally has depth and definitely reminds me of twilight! This applied perfectly in two thin coats.

Untitled

Untitled

Literary Lacquers has recently released some really awesome creme polishes as well and I have two new ones to share with you today. This creme is Sherlock and it is a great leathery brown shade. It took two coats for opacity. The formula was on the thicker side, make sure to use thin coats – the thicker formula did not self level too well, but a layer of top coat made everything look perfect. AND this polish stamps pretty well too – more on that in a minute.

Untitled

Untitled

Next up we have Irene. This is a deep bright red creme, but I found the formula to be more crelly-like. More sheer than Sherlock, but builds up to a nice color. Because it is a sheerer formula it took three coats for opacity. This formula was also on the thick side and didn't self level that well – I probably didn't apply thin enough coats. Adding a top coat made it all even and beautiful. This color is just stunning. I'll have a stamping sample in a minute.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This lovely blue polish is Heathcliff. This is a dusty lighter blue holographic polish with all sorts of shiny flakies that dance in indirect lighting. This polish is just absolutely lovely indoors and out. This applied easily in two coats. I wore this for a day or two and I could not stop staring at the depth and beauty of this blue – one of the ingredients listed for this polish is love, and I can totally see why. This blue is just stunning!

Untitled

Untitled

These new cremes do stamp, and so I wanted to show you a quick example. From left to right we have Irene, Bluestocking Romance and Sherlock all over Heathcliff. I would say Sherlock and Bluestocking Romance stamp beautifully over this holo and Irene is just a bit sheerer, but over a lighter color would probably make a great effect!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And last but certainly not least is a Literary Lacquers polish I've had on my to-buy list forever! This is Greatest Treasures. This is a gorgeous red-orange holo with a beautiful linear holo finish that flashes a lovely light purple. I just die for colors like these, they always remind me of a vivid sunset and they evoke such happiness from my soul! This polish was opaque in two coats and I stopped there, but I bet an extra coat would make it sparkle that much more. This one was definitely my favorite from this round up post!

Make sure you check out Literary Lacquers Etsy Shop, it is filled with beautiful polish after beautiful polish! And make sure to follow Literary Lacquers on Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment