Monday, August 24, 2015

Literary Lacquers LE The Ultimate Answer

Hey you guys, I'm super slow today after my whirlwind weekend visiting family and friends in Southern California. I typically post first thing in the morning, so I'm feeling QUITE behind today.

Today I have an awesome polish to share with you! I was fortunate to meet Amy of Literary Lacquers this weekend. She was visiting Disneyland and we had a mini nail ladies gathering at Disneyland and it was SO MUCH fun!

And since Amy is so super kind, she gifted me a bottle of her limited edition birthday polish which she is releasing this weekend. And today just so happens to be Amy's birthday so I thought it would be totally appropriate if I shared it today!

Untitled

Amy designed this polish as a small limited edition batch for her birthday and it is a gorgeous special sparkly pop on the nails. Titled "The Ultimate Answer," this polish was inspired by Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Untitled

Literary Lacquers The Ultimate Answer is a lovely sea foam green holo glitter polish. The polish is made up of various sized holo pieces in a light green jelly polish with lovely star holo glitter pieces as well. For my application I used two coats and then used an orange stick to help place the stars. Amy was well aware the stars are a heavier glitter so they tend to sink in the bottle. Place you bottle upside down before application and roll in your hands to help get the star pieces toward the top.

Untitled

It wasn't too difficult to fish for the stars and I love how they can hide and be a hidden surprise or they could sit a top the lovely sea of green holo pieces.

Untitled

For all the holo in this polish, it really isn't too thick or difficult to work with. Two coats lay on the nail quite nicely, but I did double top coat to smooth out the star glitter.

Untitled

Word on the street is this limited edition polish will only be sold in the Literary Lacquers Etsy Shop August 28-30 (Friday through Sunday) and the bottles will be numbered. This is totally special and different for the Literary Lacquers brand. I love her because she always has her stock available in her shop and is conscious to how crazy releases can be and how they can hurt your pocketbook if you're worried the stock will run out!

Untitled

Meeting Amy, her wife Elizabeth and Gaby of A Polished Lady was so so so much fun. We met up at Sephora at Downtown Disney, headed to dinner at Tortilla Jo's (later mistakenly called Tequila Jo's) and then Gaby was able to sign me in to the parks where we had a dance party at the Mad T Party at California Adventure and then caught the new Paint the Night parade at Disneyland and fit in a ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and The Haunted Mansion before closing down the park! It was a super fun time and I was so happy to get to meet girls in the nail world face to face!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment