Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

There is so much I need to do today at work but I am literally paralyzed by watching the continuing coverage of the major earthquake to devastate Haiti, the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere.

My heart goes out to those children. Not only did they lead difficult lives to begin with, now they experience this horrible catastrophe which continues to turn their lives upside down and will do so for a long time to come.

I can't even begin to imagine what it is like for them. The photos and the footage I have watched has literally brought tears to my eyes. I get frightened just thinking about how disorienting the whole event must have been for them.

It is very hard to understand. I am so scared of earthquakes, as most of my friends know, but I'd gladly take a 7.0 here (we could survive it so much easier) if it would save a nation that will take decades to bounce back from this.

Anyway my prayers go out to the nation of Haiti and all those who have been hurt by this horrible earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment