Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Chaos and Crocodiles Once Upon a Unicorn Collection

Hey everyone! Today I have a super gorgeous collection to share with you from a new-to-me brand that has been around, but I've just now gotten a chance to purchase from!!!

Untitled

This is the Chaos and Crocodiles Once Upon a Unicorn Collection and the reason I am sharing this today is I purchased this collection via a preorder and today at 5 p.m. EST, the brand reopens shop with inventory she has after the preorder! So I thought now is a good time for a round up of these gorgeous shades.

First off I'll start with formula since they all had the same great formula. These polishes were a medium viscosity and were opaque in two easy to apply coats. The Chaos and Crocodiles formula has always been lauded in reviews I have read and now I can totally see why! I'm in love!

This collection originally released in spring of 2015, and this time was rereleased with three brand new shades. I have all nine shades in this review, and I'll make sure to let you know which ones were new as I share them!!!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

First up I have the Chaos and Crocodiles I've been lusting after for quite some time. This is Tropical Candy Flower, a gorgeous medium density holo that leans very peachy coral for a pink and just is the most perfect shade out there. Feminine without being too pink. Perfection!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next we have Chaos and Crocodiles Unicorn Symphony. This is a muted aqua medium density holo that in my opinion is just begging to be paired with Tropical Candy Flower in some fun coral-y/aqua nail art! A combo we know I adore!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is Chaos and Crocodiles City in the Clouds and it is just that, a gorgeous medium density sky blue holo. It is bright but not in your face, but just such a happy color. Basically the sky in a bottle!

Now before we move on to the purple-y shades in the batch, I'd like to share a comparison I did while swatching. As I was browsing older reviews of this collection, I couldn't quite see the differences between the purple shades, but let me assure you, they are for sure there.

Untitled

From index to pinky we have Wishing Star Sky, Gallop through the Mist (a new unicorn), Spun Sugar Magic and Strawberry Tea Party (another new unicorn). I'll go though each of these beauties individually now!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up is another one I've been dying to get for ages, this is Chaos and Crocodiles Wishing Star Sky. This is a gorgeous periwinkle medium density holo and it totally reminds my of one of my favorite flowers – hydrangeas!!! Love love love this shade of blue leaning pastel purple!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up we have a new unicorn in the pack, this is Chaos and Crocodiles Gallop through the Mist. This is a lovely true pastel purple with gorgeous pink shimmer, that shimmers more in the sun (sorry I don't have a direct sun shot), but you can see that faint shimmer in my macro shot. This is a lovely shade of purple – spot on, not too blue or pink!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I just love this shade of purple, it leans in the pink category, but still is mostly purple or mauve in my book. This is Chaos and Crocodiles Spun Sugar Magic and it is a dusty lilac medium density creamy holo color that also screams floral to me. Such a unique shade in my collection, not a lot of this shade out there!!!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Look what we have here, another new unicorn! This lovely shade is Chaos and Crocodiles Strawberry Tea Party. This is a gorgeous bright pastel pink medium density holo that reminds me of cotton candy! Super fun and girly!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Guys, I think I've found my new favorite nude polish!!! Eeeeeek. I am so in love with this shade. This is Chaos and Crocodiles Forgotten Paths, a pink toned beige medium density linear holo that is like the perfect shade of nude on my skin tone. This color can show more pink on other skin tones, to which I think it is equally lovely, but for me it is basically my holo mannequin nails!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Last but not least we have the third new unicorn in the pack, this is Chaos and Crocodiles The Tallest Tower. This is a gorgeous medium grey holo with a hint of green shimmer, which is more apparent in the sun, but you can see a bit in my indirect light macro. I just love that this collection includes bright and happy colors, but also two neutrals that work in coordination with the rest of the collection.

I have some quick floral nail art I did with the purples to share with you later this week (hopefully tomorrow if I can get my butt in gear!). But I didn't want you to miss out on this stellar restock happening TODAY at 5 p.m. EST at the Chaos and Crocodiles website!


No comments:

Post a Comment