Friday, November 6, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas – Black and White

Happy Friday everyone, time for another great edition of Crumpet's Nail Tarts presents 40 Great Nail Art Ideas! Today's prompt was Black and White and my specific prompt to do for this one was gradient.

Untitled

Well my inspiration for this mani came a few days ago when I saw Paulina's Passions Geometric Nails, I knew I needed to replicate it, and since gradient was my prompt for this week I figured it would be a good time to do try and do so!

Untitled

To start this look I knew I wanted a base of a super vibrant holo to offset the neutral black and white so I broke out Cupcake Polish Berry Good Looking. Berry Good Looking is a vibrant royal purple holo polish with a gorgeous blue flash. This polish is almost a one coater, which is why I thought it would make a great base for this look.

Untitled

For the accent nails I used chevron nail vinyls to create cute simple chevrons that tie in the black and white perfectly.

Untitled

Untitled

Now for the gradient nails, I used straight nail vinyls to create a similar design that Paulina inspired! My guess is she used nail tape, which I've never used before. After doing this checkered look, I put a stripe of KBShimmer Eyes White Open and B Polished Midnight in Death Valley and moved in an up and down motion to create the gradient look. Both Eyes White Open and Midnight in Death Valley are my go to one coaters that are perfect for nail stamping and a ton of different nail art looks.

Untitled

Untitled

I'll be wearing this look at least through Sunday and I have to say today it brought me much joy as I slugged through a rather busy work week! It was cloudy for a decent portion of the day, but I did manage to snap a sun shot during a sunny moment while running an errand on my lunch break.

So what do you think of my look?! I am in absolute love with it. I stayed up waaaaaay too late on Wednesday night working on them, but I do love the final result so much!

Don't forget to check out the rest of Crumpet's Nail Tart's Black and White nails in the inlinkz below. Word on the street is a lot of ladies really loved their manis in this prompt.


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   



No comments:

Post a Comment