Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My New Year's Nails

So I'm still on break from work, yay, spending a whole lot time to myself which has been amazing. Been prepping some ideas for the blog in January, catching up on my nail blog browsing and commenting, procrastinating on taking Christmas decorations down and relaxing my butt off!

So anyway, I did fit in some time to do my nails yesterday and I'm wearing these for my New Year's Eve celebration in. My husband and I don't have any grand plans, most of our friends our out of town for the holiday unfortunately. So we are planning on spending the evening in, drinking some great red wine and watching our hockey team play a game.

So onto the look! What I was going for here was a champagne colored polish which looked similar to ORLY Mirrorball, which we are all currently obsessed with right?!?!

 photo B8FFA298-E205-45BF-B57B-1E1077F362C6_zpsxk4zkvpj.jpg

So here are the stars of the show F.U.N. Lacquer TGIF and Painted Polish Blinded by Bubbly (which is SOOOO amazing).

 photo A3A3A8DA-5391-494B-9E28-7594673E4F78_zps3xwldcbp.jpg

This was my first experience with a F.U.N. polish. TGIF is a gold linear holographic polish with gold flakies as well. The polish was a little sheer and required three coats for this opacity. To create the Mirrorball-esque look I added one coat of Painted Polish Blinded by Bubbly on top. They matched pretty well.

 photo B76705D7-06B4-4169-85C8-9875C14E8862_zpsr5plmhje.jpg

For the final look, I stamped an image from my Lily Anna 06 plate which has a star look to it. I liked it okay, wasn't as classy as I wanted it to be, but it's not like I'm going out or anything, so it'll do.

 photo 947C6714-E449-447B-AB8E-D42E69356889_zpso2djpniv.jpg

Wasn't as blingy in the sun as I wanted it to be, but oh well. What do you think of this manicure? What do you have picked out for your NYE mani? Share with me on my Facebook page, I'd love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment