Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Fair Maiden Polish: Christmas in July

Hey guys, hope you're having a good week! I'm writing this as I'm about to board a plane to Southern California to visit my family for the holiday weekend – so I am both excited and pressed for time.

Anyway one of my favorite indies, Fair Maiden Polish, has a re-release of their holiday collection this weekend Sunday July 5 at 8 p.m. CT! So let's take a look at these gorgeous polishes shall we?!

Untitled
*Partial Press Release*

The ladies of Fair Maiden Polish were kind enough to send me the two missing polishes from the collection I hadn't previously purchased, and I reswatched all the polishes so we can have an extra special second look at these awesome polishes.








This is Fair Maiden Polish Kiss Me At Midnight and it is a gorgeous magenta polish that has a bit of duochrome finish. In the bottle, you can see hints of gold, but on the nail I see it shift a bit from a deeper magenta to a brighter magenta. A gorgeous unique effect. Application was great coats for opacity. The formula is on the thicker side, but nothing that is difficult to work with at all.









This is Fair Maiden Polish Sleighbells in the Snow and it is a lovely delicate silvery white base with blue shimmer and a subtle holographic finish. I just love how complex this polish is, the closer you look at it the more you notice how special it is. This polish required three coats for opacity and was on the thicker side. I would wait a minute between coats to avoid dragging or patches, but it wasn't difficult to work with at all. And that payoff is amazing right?!







This is Fair Maiden Polish T'was the Night Before Christmas. This is a gorgeous navy-leaning blurple shimmer polish. When you get up real close, see the macro shot, you can see fine red and violet particles amidst the see of navy. I love how this reminds me of a dark winter sky, already has me longing for cooler weather. Application on this was a breeze, opaque in two thin coats.

Untitled





This is Fair Maiden Polish Merry Plum Berry & Bright and it just might be my favorite Fair Maiden Polish ever. This is the exact polish which drew me to the brand in the first place. This is a beautiful plum berry polish with the most gorgeous golden inner glow which is just beautiful! In addition to the golden inner glow, it has a gorgeous linear holo finish, which doesn't over power the polish, just gives it that lovely something extra. The formula on this is great, two coats for opacity, it is about a medium viscosity.

Want to know something funny, until I wrote this post I always thought this polish was called Merry Plum & Bright – whoops guess I've had that wrong for awhile. ;-)








This is Fair Maiden Polish Times Square and it is a gorgeous powdery sky blue with a gorgeous linear holo finish and beautiful pink shimmer that is so hard to capture in a photograph. I just love this polish, I know it's originally a New Year's Polish but it reminds me of a spring sky! Formula is opaque in two thin coats.

Once again the Christmas in July polishes are available in limited quantities on Sunday July 5 at 8 p.m. CT at the Fair Maiden website. The polishes all retail for $9 except for Times Square which is $10.

So which polishes are you after?! My favorites are still Merry Plum Berry & Bright and Times Square but I am also crushing pretty hard on Kiss Me at Midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment